SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ONt he mp performance website they refer to there 9-3 high flow intercooler as a direct replacement for your stock VIGGEN intercooler. Is this a direct replacement for any 9-3 or just the viggen . I have a 9-3 se 1999.
IF this is only for viggens does anyone know of any other good high flow intercoolers?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It is a direct replacement for any cross-flow intercooler. You can tell if you have one if the hoses go in and out on opposite ends of the intercooler. If they go in on the same side of the intercooler, you do not have a crossflow. All this means is that you will need some new hoses to make the swap. There are some threads on this process.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Its a replacement for any turbo NG900 or 9-3. If you do not have a crossflow intercooler than state that and they will send you the necessary hoses in order to go from the stock to the crossflow. And it is even better than the Viggen intercooler.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks alot for the clarification .. I was alos wondering since my intial question has been answered. What companies make good boost guages and the required mounting parts so that it look as if it was a normal part of the interior

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I have an AutoMeter sportcomp boost gauge mounted in an AutoMeter gauge pod at the base of my A pillar. It looks good. Black face, and it lights up a green color exactly like the other gauges. It is relatively inconspicuous way down low on the pillar, so as not to make a blind spot. I like it a lot. And it was pretty easy to hook up too.

I beleive a pod from a Ford Excursion will fit the pillar pretty well. If you want more than one gauge, this is a good way to go.

A few people have mounted gauges inplace of the light switch. I'm not sure of the details in this job, but it look great. You'd have to leave your lights on 24/7 or have a different switch or something.

How stealth do you want to go?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not so much stealth as just smooth i dont want something that doesnt fit .. but do you have anypictures of your set up

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
This isn't mine, but I have exactly the same set-up. This is Eric's site. He is the engineer behind MP's products. On his site there is also directions to an intercooler install. You should find his site to be a good resource.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I used to have the same set up as ERP, but changed. I have the Autometer Phantom gauge. You can look at what I have now. If you want to go with what ERP had with the gauge and the little cup that holds the gauge, I have my old cup that is in great shape. PM if you're interested in it.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
psss...marks a show-off...

no really good set-up mark. I'll probably be doing something more permanent like you've got later on. Once I figure out just how many gauges I actually need. Think I could fit a dozen on the pillar? Talk about a blind spot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts