SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
"Ricer" header tank.......Good idea though!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
hunt.dogshome said:
what????? :roll:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
He cleaned the radiator header tank using rice.

I assume he "riced" it all out with clean water afterwards :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
oooooh, gotcha

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did the same thing for the Turbo-to-Intercooler hose. While I was sent hoses with my intercooler, the one I received was split in two places :confused: , imagine my surprise. Since I already had everything apart, and had ripped one of the stock hoses when removing it, I had no choice but to make something that would work. I went parts shopping at my local auto parts store and pieced together a pipe with chopped up radiator hoses, that stock crossover pipe, and a bunch of clamps. Not pretty, but so far it's held on stock boost (knock on wood). Hopefully Chris is going to send me a replacement so I can put my ECU in the car without blowing hoses left and right.

·
Registered
525 Posts
hunt.dogshome said:
I actually think I picked up the idea from this forum. Or maybe it was Saabnet... Asia tried it a while back (where is he anyway?) and was quite impressed with the results, so I thought I'd try it too. It really worked! The hardest part was to get the rice out of the tank afterwards ;)

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
sethsev7n said:
hah, his license plate says saabnet. how interesting.
Should we ban him?;)

If you haven't already, you should review the rest of Dmitry's site ... it is really good!:cheesy:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Second that! The best DIY directions (and best pics) around, I think. Just noticed the seat belt repair directions, too-- another project coming up!

T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts