SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing my front mount, I realized that the routing of the stock IC piping is not the best as it is located right next to the DP. I noticed that a couple guys have rerouted their delivery pipe to run in front of the battery, but after looking at my engine bay there doesn't appear to be enough room. Any insight on this?
Tom

·
Registered
105 Posts
i had a simimlar problem with my front mount... i ran my pipes near the stock location, but to avoid heat, i heat wrapped my down pipe from the turbo flange all the way out of the engine bay. I also heat wrapped my intercooler pipes in the engine bay so that they would be insulated from the heat. i got the idea from nick taliaferro (that might be spelled wrong). the heat wrap works really well and it took 30 min. on jack stands to do the job. good luck

G

·
Hey Tommy

I have a 01 9-5 Aero that is 'not' stock ;) . I also live in RI. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I am looking for a few locals to head up to NED in the spring...as we did not get a chance this fall. Check out the maptun link in my signature and you can see the car. It was created by a chap in MD- I am the lucky owner now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garrett, I saw your aero on Maptuns site, bad ***** for sure. We should definately get together, I need some inspiration. Shoot me an email when you have some time, [email protected].

1 - 4 of 4 Posts