SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the beggining of this last summer I decided to go with a custom front mount intercooler set-up. But since they shorted me t-clamp hose clamps, I had to use the normal, low torque, hex-head hose clamps. Well long story short, every time I up-tune my car's adaptation (drive really really hard) and finally hit 15 psi, I shift and it seems without fail I pop a hose off. I can hear the hissing when I get on the gas and there is 0 power.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of any temporary fixes that will hold the pipes on until I get my order of t-clamps put on. I'm getting anxious to see the car's full potential as I haven't gotten to see it yet because this has happened ever since I found that EVAP valve fix that Chris 9-5 posted about. (We'll call it the bolt-and-zip-tie mod.)

Also, I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone, but has anyone noticed that when there is a major boost leak the engine revs down much, MUCH quicker? Any reason for that?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Here's a wild idea!
  1. Remove the pipe that keeps popping off.
  2. Spray the metal tube surface with some hairspray (nice and sticky)
  3. Put pipe back on and do up nice n tight
I'd use L'Oreal ....................cos I'm worth it :p

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris 9-5 said:
Here's a wild idea!
  1. Remove the pipe that keeps popping off.
  2. Spray the metal tube surface with some hairspray (nice and sticky)
  3. Put pipe back on and do up nice n tight
I'd use L'Oreal ....................cos I'm worth it :p

Lol good idea! I'll give it a shot.

I'm actually thinking about having a muffler shop make a 2" intercooler pipe for each side of the intercooler, one piece each side, as a permanent replacement. Sound like a good idea? Will it actually make a difference if the piping is mendrel bent or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts