SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i was thinking about getting a larger downpipe and and better intercooler..as apposed to stage one BSR...as of right now i have OAI, custom cobra pipe ( not actual one sold on the website ) but a larger custom piping, stock exhaust with removed resonater, and 4" free flow muffler.. and i was just wondering what would benefit me more the hardware upgrades or BSR ecu. bc right now i dont have the luxury of doing both..also if there is anyone seelling used 3inch DP or aftermarket intercooler i wud very much appreciate it! thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
r14l21 said:
hey all i was thinking about getting a larger downpipe and and better intercooler..as apposed to stage one BSR...as of right now i have OAI, custom cobra pipe ( not actual one sold on the website ) but a larger custom piping, stock exhaust with removed resonater, and 4" free flow muffler.. and i was just wondering what would benefit me more the hardware upgrades or BSR ecu. bc right now i dont have the luxury of doing both..also if there is anyone seelling used 3inch DP or aftermarket intercooler i wud very much appreciate it! thank you
Your not going to find a 4" exhaust system, largest I think is 3" and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't/couldn't go above that. There are many 3" systems, CTI, Abbott Racing, JT, the list goes on. Check out www.genuinesaab.com, www.partsforsaabs.com, and www.customtubesinc.com, and that should cover most of the parts you need.

I went with an "e-bay special" for my intercooler, and moved the unit in front of the A/C condenser, and even though it's a smaller intercooler, I have yet to heatsoak at all. The stock one would heatsoak in 5 minutes in 90 degree weather. Combination of being behind the A/C condenser, and being about 1/2 an inch from the radiator. Plus it's just plain less efficient. I think the stock intercooler runs 75 CFM's while the one I put on runs 600 CFM's. Search for a user on e-bay by the name of just-intercoolers if your interested. Don't get discouraged by the fact that it's on e-bay, they are actually very high-quality intercoolers and work very well. Lots of guys on my buddy's Audi forum use him, and a couple guys on here got there intercoolers from e-bay. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i meant to type 3" lol. but yeah i know ebay has some great stuff.but you said u downsized on the intercooler? and put it in front of the a/c. what where the dimensions of ur new intercooler? i tried measuring the stock one and i got something like 24" x 14" x 2" maybe i dont quite remmember..also how much did u pay for urs? and did u use the old intercooler piping or did u replace it ? thanks you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,817 Posts
r14l21 said:
yeah i meant to type 3" lol. but yeah i know ebay has some great stuff.but you said u downsized on the intercooler? and put it in front of the a/c. what where the dimensions of ur new intercooler? i tried measuring the stock one and i got something like 24" x 14" x 2" maybe i dont quite remmember..also how much did u pay for urs? and did u use the old intercooler piping or did u replace it ? thanks you!
This topic has been covered many times. Do some reading first before you post the barrage of questions my friend. :cool: Here's a couple threads to get you started:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98286

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65058

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
r14l21 said:
yeah i meant to type 3" lol. but yeah i know ebay has some great stuff.but you said u downsized on the intercooler? and put it in front of the a/c. what where the dimensions of ur new intercooler? i tried measuring the stock one and i got something like 24" x 14" x 2" maybe i dont quite remmember..also how much did u pay for urs? and did u use the old intercooler piping or did u replace it ? thanks you!
Mine now is 26" x 6" x 2.5", but the intercooler is just leaps and bounds better in every way. (I'm not sure, are the stock ones tube and fin?)

I used the majority of new piping (I recommend going 2", 2.5" is too big, more pressure loss and hard to get where you want it, I'm going to be downsizing to 2" soon enough.) except right before the delivery pipe I used the stock one so I wouldn't have to fumble with downsizing etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats a good idea i think ill use 2 inch piping..the turbo inlet for the intercooler piping is 2 inches anyways isnt it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,845 Posts
r14l21 said:
yeah thats a good idea i think ill use 2 inch piping..the turbo inlet for the intercooler piping is 2 inches anyways isnt it?
Turbo outlet is 2", stock intercooler is 2.5" (for some reason), and my intercooler inlet and outlet is 2". I accidentally ordered 2.5"... :roll:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top