SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
that will fit good. and actually its not a bad deal on the whole package for 250. the Bov is nice too, its not extremely loud but its fast acting which is a good thing. Id buy it if I didnt already have a setup.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
if its bar and plate it will be fine

none of this "you never know woth universal" crap. vigge has proven many times the ebay cores are just as good as others.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
and yet there are so many different brands of ebay cores. I got mine off ebay, but mine is an MP i/c that was purpose built for my car. So yeah, I am goin to say that I don't know about ALL ebay i/cs.

Not all cores are built alike, and size is in no way everything.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
ive used ebay cores. the quality is just as good as the mp, not as good as the forge tho. but the only difference is in the welds.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I haven't use the MP, but everyone Iv'e talked to has told me that it is no different in quality to the forge. and welds aren't the only thing thats important, its the makeup of the core itself.

·
Registered
386 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
and yet there are so many different brands of ebay cores. I got mine off ebay, but mine is an MP i/c that was purpose built for my car. So yeah, I am goin to say that I don't know about ALL ebay i/cs.

Not all cores are built alike, and size is in no way everything.
I got my IC from the same store you got your HIDS from, and all I have noticed is positive things. But again if your buying from a newbie seller or someone with bad feedback then your asking for it. as long as you do some research and ask the seller questions about there product, you'll be ok.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, so im picking this up monday hopefully. with the the pipes in the pictures does it look like I can install it? or am I going to need a couple more pipes? I dont have the viggen intercooler.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Warumono said:
ok, so im picking this up monday hopefully. with the the pipes in the pictures does it look like I can install it? or am I going to need a couple more pipes? I dont have the viggen intercooler.
Tiny pictures, but you can make it work.
I solved it like this.

1. 2x 90 degree silicone pipes for in and out on the ic.
2. 1x stock 90 degree pipe for compressor exit (the one thats already there)
3. Exhaust pipe, 2 inches, to connect 2 and 4
4. 1x 3 inch on each side of the bend, 90 degree silicone pipe between stock pipe and tube entry on the ic
5. 1x exhaust pipe, about 3 inches for connecting number 2 and 3.

On the hot side you can use stock hose and pipe.
Use stainless exhaust pipe!

Pic to describe all this jabbering.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It looks good, but a lnger one could have been fitted if you bought one with rear facing outlets. Not trying to knock your set up or rain on your parade. Im sure it will make a differnce.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts