SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I´m fitting a car PC ( 8" monitor, dvd, gps,everythg...) in my 9-5. I will loose the SID lower line so I just thought of the option of putting the ACC upwards where the SID is and the SID where the ACC.
The reason is obvious, I often have to use the ACC and having to look for at least 2 seconds downwards is not very safe specially when going at high speed. I definitely think saab should have placed the ACC upwards like in the 9000. And the SID won´t very very useful for me since I will loose the lower info line for the factory radio/cd.
Yes, I know the height of the ACC is larger than the ACC, I suppose I only need to addapt the metallic support of the dash panel. Adapting the dash panel is not a problem either since I have it all covered in leather!
So just a question, does that metallic "support" only work as a support for the SID, ACC, and factory radio? Will everything work fine if I modify it?
Many thanks :D

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Will everything work fine if I modify it?
Many thanks :D
I think you will be the first, perhaps you can tell us - but I'd be surprised if the wiring will reach :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Thinking about this, the SID and ACC panel are different sizes and they are shaped to fit, top and bottom, so i jsut cant see it working :confused:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking about this, the SID and ACC panel are different sizes and they are shaped to fit, top and bottom, so i jsut cant see it working :confused:
I know Chris, that´s why I said no problem since some surgery can be done, all the panel is covered in leather and surgery won´t be seen. :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I admire your bravery !

Good luck, please post photos during and after .....
Thanks sir, just strange that none did think about this before. Actually it could also go downwards this way:
Screen
ACC
SID

I´ll post pics.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
greenmat, I see what you mean, however I don´t think it is a good idea. The reason is again that the ACC is too downwards to look at when traveling at high speeds. I stay with Monitor, then downwards the ACC and then the SID. The monitor I have is 8,4"! I´m not doing bad with the PC installation for the moment. thanks for the answers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts