SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 9-5 which I am trying to bring back to life. what parts from a 9000 can I use? or more specifically, are turbos the same? (I was gunna replace my garrett with a td-04) while i'm at it is the 9000 areo ecu compatable with my non areo 9-5? and the heater blower motor wouldnt happen to be the same would it? thanks!

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
dudethatsnowboards said:
I have a 1999 9-5 which I am trying to bring back to life. what parts from a 9000 can I use? or more specifically, are turbos the same? (I was gunna replace my garrett with a td-04) while i'm at it is the 9000 areo ecu compatable with my non areo 9-5? and the heater blower motor wouldnt happen to be the same would it? thanks!
Yes, the turbos are the same on the *AERO's*. In fact, I believe the hot side on the 9000 Aero is actually slightly larger. Not sure about the heater blower motor though.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I thought the turbos were mounted backwards on the 9000.

You can use the bottom end of the engine, but will need to retain your 9-5 head. A few people here have done the swap... it seems straightforward enough.

The T5 cams also give a good performance boost at high RPMs when tuned.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The turbo is the same but the mounting flange is orientated in a different direction. No you can't use a 9000 Aero ecu in a 9-5, they have different Trionic engine management systems.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I believe you can still use a 9000 turbo in the 9-5, you just have to re-clock it so it goes in the opposite direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts