SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a saab kit available in europe to use the integrated telephone in the car (not aftermarket rigging)?

The european cars have the same head unit with the keypad. They do not have on-star. I am wondering if they have a 900/1800 mhz box that they place their sim cards into? The SIM card system started in finland and I know that Sweeden has that system as well.

Perhaps there is a bluetooth module that allows integration in Europe?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
This has been discussed in several threads before around here. The basic conclusion is that it would be possible to purchase the European integrated phone components and install them in the vehicle. The installation would require significant TECH II changes to accomodate the new components. The prohibiting factors would be the costs [$3000+] and finding a dealer willing to research and make the necessary TECH II changes. Also, I'm not sure what frequency that the integrated phone operates on for the European GSM network. I do not think that the GSM networks in the United States use the same frequencies as the European GSM network.

·
Registered
174 Posts
International GSM - 900/1800

T-Mobile GSM - 900/1900 (mostly 1900)

Cingular/AWS GSM - 850/1800/1900

Yah, it's a mess...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts