SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best intake kit for a 2.3L I've used k&n on other cars and haven't had much luck with them any advice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O I believe it can but I want to get rid of some of that restriction From the box filter and I wanna hear my turbo 😊

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Why you think that?
OP asked question and I answered that correctly.
If answer is not what you wanted to read, it is not my problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Performance sticky says to upgrade intake

The tuning sticky on this page says the first thing to do is upgrade the intake. If the stock set-up can supposedly handle up to 500 HP, are most people simply doing it for the sound? I'm thinking of taking mine to a stage 3.

·
Registered
804 Posts
yes, most are doing it for the sound only, with the benefit of needing to pull out their MAF more often to clean it.

The stock system is extremely well designed by all accounts - the only upgrade is the later snorkel, which is larger:

·
Registered
43 Posts
While the oem intake setup flows well, those three screws holding the filter in are prone to rusting and snapping off inside when trying to remove. Just ripping out the whole thing and throwing on a GS kit is both more efficient and easier to maintain. Then again, the stock filter is pretty easy to swap out when the screws don't rust. The intake noise is nice for those who like it as well.

While it is not NEEDED, I'd recommend it over changing out the stock filter if you don't mind the extra noise. I've had the kit on my car for the past 7k or so miles and the hosing inside is as clean as when I first installed it, though I do have the pre-filter as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
Krooked98
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing