SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready too install a cone filter on my car(finally). And I've read on here about how you should have a splash guard to keep water out of the engine for obvious reasons. I was wondering what should it be shapped like and what shouldI make it out of?

Should it just be located under the cone or does it need to surround it or what?

thanks

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
splash guard should be half circle shaped (like the home run boundary on a baseball pitch for our US cousins ;) ), it should be infront of the filter facing forwards to stop any water ingression whilst the car is moving.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Sorry Finn, some of were brought up, not dragged up. Todays word of the day is antiestablishmentarialism. :cheesy:

X

·
0 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
Sorry Finn, some of were brought up, not dragged up. Todays word of the day is antiestablishmentarialism. :cheesy:
Wow I had friend who had one of those it was really fast. ;) :lol:

X

·
0 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
Todays word of the day is antiestablishmentarialism. :cheesy:
Perhaps you meant to type Antiestablishmentarianism :lol: ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the splash shield info and the vocab lesson, but what should it be mounted to?

Gracias

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You will have to fabricate a mount, probably by putting a flange on the top of the shield and securing it to a part of the chassis.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If the rain stops over the weekend, I'll try and take a few better pics of my stainless steel splash guard for you ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks Chris :D now i just need to stop being lazy and make one :roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts