SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flowmaster exhaust (wide open straight through), custom intake.

we made two intakes. We made the "cold air" that BSR offers with heat shield for a friend. For myself we dropped the filter even lower for a true cold air.

We will be fabricating, sanding, polishing, painting "like-BSR" intakes with K&N inverted flow filters and aluminum sheet metal heatshields. If anyone has an interest in this please let me know.

Pictures and sounds should be added relatively soon.

·
Registered
533 Posts
wow, great news!! Let us know if you will be able to do a A-B test with the 2 intake? (sound, performance...)

·
Registered
141 Posts
ScoopSS said:
Flowmaster exhaust (wide open straight through)
I want to hear! I want to hear!!!!

I have been looking at doing a Magnaflow setup for awhile but I couldn't make my mind up so I got subwoofers instead. I am still very interested in doing something to my exhaust setup.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have never heard a Flowmaster exhaust on a 4 banger. They are normally very popular with the Ford Mustang crowd because of the thunderous sound they provide.

I was thinking of Flowmaster before I bought the Magnaflow, but I was afraid the car would sound like a thousand angry bees trapped in my exhaust.

What model Flowmaster muffler did you buy?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Flowmaster makes a muffler for 4 cylinder sport compact cars; I'd hope that's the one he used. Mustangs, Camaros, T/A's (etc.) usually go for the Flowmaster 40 series, which gives them the signature, almost tinny, muscle car sound.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoops...i didn't get a flowmaster (i wanted to get one...was going to get the 40 delta actually).

sorry bout that, i actually got the magnaflow lol...been kinda busy so haven't gotten around to pics and such. (but this thing has been backfiring non stop since ive got it on, gotta love that sound)

·
Registered
197 Posts
ScoopSS said:
whoops...i didn't get a flowmaster (i wanted to get one...was going to get the 40 delta actually).

sorry bout that, i actually got the magnaflow lol...been kinda busy so haven't gotten around to pics and such. (but this thing has been backfiring non stop since ive got it on, gotta love that sound)
which magnaflow you use? did you do away with the cat?

·
Registered
275 Posts
post some [email protected]!!!!

*drooooooool, my next paycheck will be intake and exhuast! then! ECU!!!

*still stuck on power programmer >.< hehe I wanna get one

(any car wiz here wanna attemp in making one for saab 93 99? -_-;;)

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Irorms said:
post some [email protected]!!!!

*drooooooool, my next paycheck will be intake and exhuast! then! ECU!!!

*still stuck on power programmer >.< hehe I wanna get one

(any car wiz here wanna attemp in making one for saab 93 99? -_-;;)
Doesn't work with Trionic 5, my friend. Nor with 7 or 8, which can be controlled with PPC.

You have T5, arguably the most tuneable version of Trionic. You want to stay with what you have, believe me.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
My boss tells me polishing is a con and does not make air flow faster but adds drag, he did explain it to me but most of it is beyond me, its like the surface of your mouse or key pad, the polished part has more drag then the parts thats not been polished by your fingers.

He also said if polishing worked jet planes and air liners would use it to reduce drag and get better Air miles, which i cant argue with really.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the intake metal exterior is polished for a "shine", its inside the engine bay

i didn't polish the exhaust hood or anything lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought a 2006 Saab Arc 2.0 Turbo, I love this car. I'm looking to modify this vehicle and would like to start out with Exhaust and cold air intake, does anyone have any reccomendations fpr aftermarket products?

Saabarc

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
saabarc said:
I just bought a 2006 Saab Arc 2.0 Turbo, I love this car. I'm looking to modify this vehicle and would like to start out with Exhaust and cold air intake, does anyone have any reccomendations fpr aftermarket products?

Saabarc
Welcome.

You should read a bit here before you spend your money.

Starting with the base Arc, the cold air intake most often installed is really an open air intake. True cold air is difficult to attain because of plumbing constraints. Changing to this will make your intake noises louder, but will not alter vehicle performance. Changing exhaust will alter the exhaust note and change the appearance. Again, there will be no change in performance.

If you seek performance gains, you need to change the vehicle software through one of several aftermarket packages. You will get noticeable improvement in performance without doing anything other than this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exhaust and intake

I would like a tougher exhaust note and nicer exhaust tips on back, are there any exhaust's in particular you reccomend? Any intakes you reccomend? BSR?

Are there any good websites that you know of for performance upgrades?

Saabarc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts