SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I was just looking over my car to make sure my coolant leak did indeed go away with me tightening the fitting...so far so good on that aspect. But I did notice that my delivery pipe has a few problems and it seems this could also be why my forged bypass seems to be surging when before it worked perfectly fine.

The issue is that where the pipe comes off for the diverter valve, as well as where the intake temperature fitting is it seems that the plastic around it is melting? I disconnected everything and to my surprise that pipe sticking out is starting to break off. Forgot to take pictures but will tomorrow.

My question is why is this happening? The intake temperatures should not be that extreme to cause this to melt, or could it be that I just got a bad batch from production? I don't know cause I never seen this before so any insight would be greatly helpful.

Also since the pipe for the diverter valve is breaking off what would you recommend I do to fix/replace it? And where can I source the parts from to fix this?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Strange, do you still have the heat shield for exhaust manifold?
Air flow problem around the turbo?
none of it really makes sense, I would think you do have the heat shield.
Has car overheated?
Check Goldwing, eEuro and or ebay for parts.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strange, do you still have the heat shield for exhaust manifold?
Air flow problem around the turbo?
none of it really makes sense, I would think you do have the heat shield.
Has car overheated?
Check Goldwing, eEuro and or ebay for parts.
No overheating, car has been running great. Heat shield is in place, like I mentioned I'm really stumped at why this is happening. Kinda making me wish I had an all metal pipe, even though I know its more prone to heat soak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts