SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have told my insurers about my current Stage 3 upgrade.

Question is, whats the best way to tell them about an intercooler and intake pipe upgrade. Many insurers will not know what they are !

I am guessing that they will ask if there is any increase in power and my response will be no as my peak power is already insured under the stage 3. My thinking is that these two hardware changes dont increase peak power although clearly the car will go quicker.

Does anybody have any experience with telling their insurers about these particular mods?

How do I play it. My insurance company is Adrian Flux

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
From what i've heard Adrian Flux are pretty clued up with modded cars (unlike most), just let them know you've added an I/C to help with cooling and an open air filter because you like the sound. :eek: :cheesy: Chris has gone with Flux and they had no problem with his mods, inc I/C and open air filter, so no problem. :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - thats helpful

Chris - what are your comments?

Note its an intake pipe though not an open filter

regards
Chris

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Adrian Flux had no problem understanding the mods, I offered to fax them a list but they were fine with my description.

I am pleased with the price and their understanding of modified cars, however I dont like their customer service, or all their additional charges, so lets hope I never need to claim :(
My only surprise was that this new policy doesnt cover me to drive any other cars at all, not even with third party cover, I've never had that restriction before :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Kermit said:
What "additional charges" do you mean?
Little things like:

"Your quote is £505

Is that ok?

Great ................... and there is a £25 set up fee, how would you like to pay?"

Hey ho, at least the beast is covered ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Insurance

Chris - what premium did they charge you for the intercooler and intake pipe or was it part of your long list of mods !

Did you tell them that these two increased power or did you simply have to state what they were which attracts a standard increase.
thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Ok I have just cancelled my insurance with Adrian Flux, which incidentally cost me £25 even within the cooling off period of 14 days :evil:

I would like to sell them a customer service training programme, and personally if the £25 means I dont have to rely upon them if I make a claim its money well spent.......................not impressed :evil:

X

·
0 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Ok I have just cancelled my insurance with Adrian Flux, which incidentally cost me £25 even within the cooling off period of 14 days :evil:

I would like to sell them a customer service training programme, and personally if the £25 means I dont have to rely upon them if I make a claim its money well spent.......................not impressed :evil:
Can they do that on a cooling off period :( thats really bad.........Spose all insurance companies are getting like that now..:confused:

R

·
0 Posts
Try Chris Knott Ins is recommomened by the Saab Owners Club, they had no probs with my very long list of mods, they even cover my mods like for like.

Premium with stage 3 etc etc is £702 for me (30 yrs old) and gf (35 yrs old) so pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts