SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the instrument cluster in my 2.3t doesnt have a turbo guage the previous owner had to switch it out due to some issues with the cluster. i would like to have this guage ofcourse my question is what Instrument clusters will fit in my 9-5 as a direct swap. 1999 9-5 2.3l lpt

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
The vast majority of US 9-5's got the boost gauge as standard so look for any model prior to MY04. Any Aero model will definately have one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same here.

My cluster also doesn't have the boost gauge. Now if I switched over to one with the gauge, say an 02 9-5, what mileage would be reflected, my 99 or the 02 mileage?? Where would the electrical connections be for the boost gauge, behind the cluster and in the engine area?
And does MY04 stand for Model Year 04, or something else?

·
Registered
525 Posts
likestosaab said:
Ok the instrument cluster in my 2.3t doesnt have a turbo guage the previous owner had to switch it out due to some issues with the cluster. i would like to have this guage ofcourse my question is what Instrument clusters will fit in my 9-5 as a direct swap. 1999 9-5 2.3l lpt
It's not the previous owner to blame. 1999's came with no boost gauge from the factory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2000 lpt and I am also interested in what is involved in swaping a gage cluster. it would be cool if they could just be swapped out.

Drive Safe,

Joe

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replies i assume that the newer cluster is just a direct swap i mean are all the wires already pinned and the cluster plugs the same? Seems like it would be this way i know alot of manufactueres do it like this in order to make adding factory options easier.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also do any of the 9-3s have the same cluster?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Cluster Swap?

This sounds interesting. My MY99 has no turbo gauge :cry: . I want one!!

Can I just find an instrument cluster in a junkyard and swap it in? The question for me is, would the turbo gauge actually work?

I've seen the install threads on aftermarket turbo gauges (pretty sweet) but they need a sensor installed onto a vaccuum line. Does the instrument cluster turbo gauge get the info from a mechanical sensor or from the ECU?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
The saab turbo guage ( see how I did not say boost) actually reads TQ I think. Pretty to look at but not so infomrative. If you really wnat a boost guage add a real one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Al's Red Wagon said:
What's TQ?:confused:

And...I'm wondering if anyone has tried mounting an aftermarket turbo gauge in the dash? It looks a little precarious with that circuit board back there...
torque
its a torque(TQ) request gauge rather than a boost gauge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts