SaabCentral Forums banner

Instrument Cluster Lights

276 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Saaberachi
I have 2005 9-5 with about 75,000 original miles. Lately, my brake, abs, esp along with the red triangle will light up. brakes work fine. I pull over, turn off the car and pull the key. I then start the car, put it in drive and the warning lights are gone. I may have this happen again in 5 minutes or not happen for days. Any help is appreciated.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Common set of symptoms. Mine used to come up either first start of the day or when parking i.e. very low speed. Tech 2 implied one of the rear sensors intermittent but can't remember beyond that as it happened rarely and I could live with it by leaving it in gear, high speed, ideally downhill, switching off for a few seconds then back to on, lights would all be out.

A stationary restart would also do it like you do, but I did it on the move.

Never got it sorted. The car was scrapped due rear wheel arch corrosion.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Brian, we describe all those lights on the dash as being lit up like a Christmas tree. Really need a code. It can be anything from the ABS controller going bad to a cracked reluctor ring on one of the axels

· Registered
11,874 Posts
There are scanners that claim to be able to read SRS, ABS, etc codes, in addition to basic ODB II. How well they would work on a 9-5 is unknown. But again, note down the actual codes, and not what the scanner thinks they mean.

· Registered
03 vert se-sports pkg, 01 viggen vert
1,170 Posts
I have an Innova obd2 tool with the srs, abs, live data ect features. No dice reading anything other than general obd codes on saab. T2 is definitely needed for all around troubleshooting

· Registered
11,874 Posts
I have an Innova obd2 tool with the srs, abs, live data ect features. No dice reading anything other than general obd codes on saab. T2 is definitely needed for all around troubleshooting
To be pedantic, the Innova should provide live data quite nicely, though not those other module codes. My 2011 "deluxe" Innova certainly does live data in addition to ODB codes, in addition to clearing ODB codes. It's a little less successful at the latter, sometimes requiring multiple tries. However, my NG9-3 sometimes goes into limp mode with codes for accelerator potentiometer disagreement. I pull out the Innova, clear the codes, and car runs fine again. The car is REALLY slow and hard to drive when in limp mode for this particular code, and my only other choice would be to pop the hood and disconnect the battery.

Which is why the Innova sits in the glove compartment. (Tech II certainly wouldn't fit!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts