SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told it's an easy bolt on procedure, but i'd like to get a set of instructions. The reason is I didn't expect the ECU to be so easy, and since I can replace the ECU myself, it would save me a ton of money if I could do the turbo and downpipe as well.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
1: Disconnect turbo bits
2: ???
3: Replace!

:cool:

Seriously though, the procedure is probably much like it is with any cars with modern oil and water cooled turbos, but you lucky sods have the turbo placed in an easily accessible place, basically on top of the blinkin' engine.

I've only poked around an SS a couple of times, but I think your coolant and oil lines are able to be removed from the turbo itself, so you don;t have to screw around with removing the manifold as a unit with turbo and the lines (which is sometimes the easiest way to deal with the 94-02 models)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the BSR downpipe fit on the new TD04-16T turbo? I'd assume it would, since it's really just a different compressor, unless i'm wrong.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Frosty288 said:
Will the BSR downpipe fit on the new TD04-16T turbo? I'd assume it would, since it's really just a different compressor, unless i'm wrong.
The BSR dp for the 175hp and the 210hp have the same part number, so yes.

·
Banned
631 Posts
a turbo is quite easy an as simple as it sounds. It mounts onto the exhaust manifold by 4 bolts. simple remove the nuts, remove the oil feed and oil return lines and thats it. It should come right out.

When replacing, put on new turbo, use new gaskets for oil feed and return lines. Tighten up nuts . And then proceed by changing the oil.

I recommend always changing the oil. And if you have the time / tools / etc

Ide personally would drop the oil pan to see if the sump is clogged, and get a good cleaning of the debree in the bottom of the pan (if any)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts