SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing a smart mirror - one with auto dim, compass, and HOmeLink - for my 2006 9-3 2.0T. Before doing so, I thought I'd try to take apart the housing to see where everything goes but immediately ran into problems.

The plastic housing above the mirror appears to be in three parts. The part above the mirror came off easily as it was held in by friction catches. I tried to remove the middle (main) part by taking out the two screws, but it still won't budge. Are there are other hidden screws holding it in, is there some place I'm supposed to pinch the plastic so the friction catches release, or...?

I tried to read all the threads on replacing the mirror, but they all assume a level of expertise beyond what I have and just say things like "remove plastic housing" and I need something more specific.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are threads ad nauseum on this issue of rear view mirror replacing... but there are three screws, that's probably your issue. Also to get the electrical lead you have to fish a bit, but it's on the drivers side in your 2006. I got homelink/autodim on ebay for $145ish shipped (I was in a hurry to get it, you probably can get it cheaper if you sit on a search for a while)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the tip -- I didn't see a third screw holding in the plastic housing, but I had the car in the garage and was operating by flashlight. Monday I'll move the car into the sun and try again.

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts