SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some Polk Audio 6.5 speaker to replace the stock speakers that are currently blown. After installing them I have an incredible amount of buzzing in the door panels. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix this. they rattled before but not this bad and I had placed foam and even tried Dynamat to fix the buzzing. and now the screen in front of the speaker buzzes like hell. Does anyone know a fix for this that works? Im going crazy trying to fix this. I cant listen to my stereo because its so annoying :eek: Ive run out of ideas :( PLEASE HELP! Thanks

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just bought some Polk Audio 6.5 speaker to replace the stock speakers that are currently blown. After installing them I have an incredible amount of buzzing in the door panels. I have tried EVERYTHING to fix this. they rattled before but not this bad and I had placed foam and even tried Dynamat to fix the buzzing. and now the screen in front of the speaker buzzes like hell. Does anyone know a fix for this that works? Im going crazy trying to fix this. I cant listen to my stereo because its so annoying :eek: Ive run out of ideas :( PLEASE HELP! Thanks
First, I think you got the impedance wrong cause you need 2ohm speakers and to my knowledge those aren't. Second, on the front face of the speaker put heat insulation - the type used for house doors and windows in tape format. That will handle the rattling from the speaker covers on the doors.

Just to make it clear, I meant ROUND the speaker, not on the actual speaker itself :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, I think you got the impedance wrong cause you need 2ohm speakers and to my knowledge those aren't. Second, on the front face of the speaker put heat insulation - the type used for house doors and windows in tape format. That will handle the rattling from the speaker covers on the doors.

Just to make it clear, I meant ROUND the speaker, not on the actual speaker itself :)
Haha yeah I understood ;ol; Thanks, im gunna try that. And yeah they are
4ohm. I didnt even think of that. what is the difference? will they be quieter than 2ohm? And do you have any recommendations for speakers?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes, they will be more quiet. About the brands I think there are only.two options... JBL or Infinity. There are plenty of.threads.so just do a search. Some people mention Kicker but the results are.still unproven.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yeah, the front door speakers are 2 ohm. If you use 4 ohm speakers, they won't play like they are designed to. The other kicker is that AMP1, under the drivers seat, only sends a bass signal to the front door speakers to keep the sound stage up high. I ended up keeping my stock door speakers (I installed Infinity Reference 6.5i's, but couldn't hear any difference, so I sent them back). In fact, the stock speakers are pretty good in the door. I'm sure you can find some in the classifieds from people who have replaced theirs. Good luck!

Edit: I installed a sub in the trunk, and it seems to work perfectly with the stock door speakers. Just fyi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts