SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2008 saab 9-3 aero. I was wondering if it would be possible to install the sid from the older 9-3 onto my dashboard. on the 2006 and on the sid was moved to where the speedometer is and i really like the old sid and its location on the centeer of the dashboard. If i bought the old sid from ebay, would i be able to install it on my 2008?

thanks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
You should have purchased a pre-2007 model. I know this is your first post in this forum but your question just made me laugh, really hard.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You could physically install it as they did not change the dash, just put a blank plate over it...but I dont think it would work as the SID ties into the old style audio systems which ended the same year the SID died. The GM family radios I dont think can plug into the old ICM systems...

Sean

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Get an SID from a junkyard, gut it, and then relocate the current display from the bottom of the speedo to the new SID in the center. Not sure what kind of cable connects to the display though. Probably ribbon. Would be a PITA but in theory could be done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts