SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..so I'm prepping to sell my Volvo XC90 before it implodes and I've owned enough Volvos over the years that I've decided to pick up a Saab 9-3 wagon.

One thing I need to know is what is required to wire a trailer for this vehicle. I've found a hitch, but I don't know if the 9-3 comes with a wiring harness built in or do I need to plan on buying something to connect to my trailer harnees? I'm hoping to tow my small (1000lbs) pop-up camper with it (any experiences towing with this car?)

Thanks all for your input...Can't wait to finally secure one of these beauts!

Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
The wiring comes with the Saab hitch. (it did on mine anyhow) If you have and aftermarket hitch, you can probably buy the wiring from the Saab dealer. It plugs into the rear electrical center. Otherwise you'll need to buy and aftermarket wiring kit for cars with PWM light drivers. I think they are around $75. I recommend the Saab one, because it plugs in directly without splicing wires.

Ok..so I'm prepping to sell my Volvo XC90 before it implodes and I've owned enough Volvos over the years that I've decided to pick up a Saab 9-3 wagon.

One thing I need to know is what is required to wire a trailer for this vehicle. I've found a hitch, but I don't know if the 9-3 comes with a wiring harness built in or do I need to plan on buying something to connect to my trailer harnees? I'm hoping to tow my small (1000lbs) pop-up camper with it (any experiences towing with this car?)

Thanks all for your input...Can't wait to finally secure one of these beauts!

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts