SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a kit from Strutmasters yesterday. It came with two coil springs and two shocks (rear only). Installation was pretty easy, but there was no rubber cushions for the spring perches and there is a rattle coming from the rear now. :suprised; I am almost certain it is the lower spring perch making the noise. I guess I will have to go and buy an isolator of some sort, but I thought it should have been included with the kit.

Has anyone run into this kind of issue? Did you find an isolator that worked?

And oh yeah, I put the car back on my 4-post lift and looked VERY carefully to make sure no metal parts are making contact with something they shouldn't. The installation looks perfect. It's gotta be the spring shifting around on the lower perch.

EDIT: I need something like this, just not sure which set to order, as there are many different sizes:

Many thanks for any help. ;)

-

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed a kit from Strutmasters yesterday. It came with two coil springs and two shocks (rear only). Installation was pretty easy, but there was no rubber cushions for the spring perches and there is a rattle coming from the rear now. :suprised; I am almost certain it is the lower spring perch making the noise. I guess I will have to go and buy an isolator of some sort, but I thought it should have been included with the kit.

Has anyone run into this kind of issue? Did you find an isolator that worked?

And oh yeah, I put the car back on my 4-post lift and looked VERY carefully to make sure no metal parts are making contact with something they shouldn't. The installation looks perfect. It's gotta be the spring shifting around on the lower perch.

EDIT: I need something like this, just not sure which set to order, as there are many different sizes:

Many thanks for any help. ;)

-
hows the ride height?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ramie
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing