SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May 2000 I picked up my new 9-5 wagon. In May 2001 I received a letter from Saab informing me of the factory tuning kit to go from 170 to 200 hp for $750. I have lusted after this upgrade ever since. Too much money for me :-(

Fast forward to 2007. I find out that Saab was "giving" these kits out at the SOC of $10. I found someone that goth the kit for the 4 $12.50 spark plugs and was willing to sell. I got the ECU for $25 :) I got plugs for $50 and found and indy with a Tech II that would do the install for $75. I picked the car up last night.

The car feels stronger. Saab claims the kit boosts the performance in the 2000-4000. This is just where it feels stronger. It makes the car a little more fun to drive. I can't wait until the summer when I tow my trailer. It should make the hills on the highway easier.

Drive Safe,

Joe

http://home.jtan.com/~joe/saab/saab_1b.jpg

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Get a TD-04 turbo, and a Aero tune, and you'll REALLY have fun driving! :cool:

G

·
Hey, I know that car. Is this the one usually parked in the driveway on Allentown Road near Morwood Road?

I have the same car(Red too!) except it is the sedan. I'm up in Salfordville, PA(Near the New Landis Supermarket.)

I'm glad you joined the site!

BTW, I love those wheels, I have the standard 16" SE wheels(also used on some Saturn L 300's;oops: )

Welcome!!

Jeff

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Well done ;)

Now start applying for some more credit cards cos you have started on the slippery slope of power upgrades...............................

It's addictive :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep that's me

Jeff,

That's my car. I usually ride my bicycle to work, but on rainy days (like today) I take the Saab. I also use the Saab to tow my kids race cars. Looks kinda funny, but it works fine. The european caravan mirrors are the business with such a wide trailer. You have probably seen the trailer on the lawn.

The wheels were from the Saab catalog. I sold the original ones w/0 miles. I like these better.

Drive Safe,

Joe

G

·
Yes, I have seen the trailer. It is interesting how Saab changes little things. My side repeaters(fender turn signals) are smoke colored and yours are orange. We both have the same color car. Go figure. I guess you have less miles on yours. I just turned 100K a month ago.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Wulf said:
30 extra hp for only $150? Can't get much better than that. :D

Except if you got it for $10 like I did! ;)

Sorry ... I'm not trying to rub it in.

It is the best upgrade for the money that you could do.
It really transformed my car! :cool:

G

·
Does this upgrade only work for MY99-00 or later years as well? MY01 was bumped to 185hp but an extra 15hp would always be welcome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
different Joe

Hey, I also had this upgrade done and installed by RTS Saabs (Road Tested Saabs) in Indy. phone # 317-299-9177 They have a Tech II. Good guys made me an appointment to come to town and stuck to it.:cheesy: I think they have some of the upgrades but it was more than $10. I paid $125 plus installation. Includes the Aero plugs and a new label for you engine cover.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts