SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine in situ, head removed

I would have just tied it to the old chain and gone around but the old chain conveniently broke a second time in the middle and is now removed from the car

Tried dangling it to no avail - thinking to find something hard but flexible enough to push through and around but not seeing much

Suggestions? No way in hell I'm pulling the engine or the crank pulley

·
Registered
213 Posts
I haven't been in the spot you're describing yet, but there's always time. ;)

I'm wondering if a nut, some string, and a telescoping magnetic pickup tool mightn't come in handy right about now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been in the spot you're describing yet, but there's always time. ;)

I'm wondering if a nut, some string, and a telescoping magnetic pickup tool mightn't come in handy right about now.

Good luck!
I got it with one of those really long coiled 'spring' used for cleaning out blockage in your sink... but seriously, what a 'payne diaz', took me a whole friggin week

·
Registered
213 Posts
Damn! A drain snake! Now THAT's problem-solving. Wish I'da thought of it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Too bad the old chain broke in two places, the best thing to do is the use a ziptie as a 'link' to connect the old and new chains, and then bump the engine over without the head on until the new chain is fed through.

Congrats on the sweet fix though!

-Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.