SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Long time no post, I'm a workoholic. Hope everyone is well.

two days ago I tried opening my door to get out and I heard a snap (it didn't open). now I have to roll down my window to get out of the car;oops:. I took off part of the door panel and can't seem to find what's missing, the handle has very little tension. I'm sure it was a wire because the spring looks intact. I tried checking the other door but the screw on the plastic part of the handle is in to tight.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess that the linkage between the lock and the handle has jumped off at the handle. It is fastened to the handle with a plastic combined clip and bearing. If this clip breaks the linkage will jump off. The linkage is not a wire. It is an about 3mm thick metal rod.
In order to fix it you will have to screw out the door handle mechanism, just four torx screws, and replace the small plastic clip. You can have a new one at SAAB.

Good luck!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah... this happened to me on a back door. I thought it was a child lock, but soon discovered that the interior handle wasn't conected to anything.

Door card off, re-conect... replace door card.

30 mins.

Finally, a easy job on the saab... not many of those about!

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
My pass side exterior handle doesn't work. I pulled the door card off, and it will open but you have to push it inwards of the handle. Just doesn't seem to be moving enough. Haven't had enough time to work on it more, any quick pointer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts