SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I have a 2004 9-5 Aero with 40K. I have really loud Fuzion brand tires that I can't wait to replace but I think they'll need to go sooner than later as I stuck my hand toward the back of the tires yesterday and felt that the inner side of each front tire was terribly worn... not quite to the metal but very badly worn.

I have a 500 mile trip back home to Tampa tomorrow. Any ideas on the best way to inflate these tires to cause the least wear on the inner edge?

Also, any idea what could be causing this? I had horrible inner tire wear on my last car (2000 Cadillac Catera/Opel Omega) and thought those days were done.

Any advice is appreciated!

Jeff

G

·
It sounds like an alignment should fix this problem or maybe it's just because of the bad quality tires. But definitely have an alignment done when you get new tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! What PSI should I inflate the tires to for my drive home so that I can try to minimize further wear on the inner edges?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
It would be very irresponsible of us to suggest you should drive the car with knowingly defective tyres.

We like your posts and your car........would be nice to keep them in one piece :eek:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Use the tire pressure recommended by the manufacturer of the car - sticker is in the drivers door near the lock.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Is your steering nice and tight?

Wear like that might point to something more than a bad alignment. Your suspention bushings and/or track rod ends might be badly worn

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
If you don't rotate your tires very very often then the insides on the back of the tires will wear. The camber is not adjustable on the rear suspension so the alignment is not the problem.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The Fuzion (HRI? by any chance) are cheap $60 tires as I understand it..

Mine have started to wear on the rear as well at 25000 miles. Rotated once in that time.

Maybe a better tire... Try the Nokians. I have the WRG2's (I'm somewhere where we get cold and lotsa snow), and I am VERY impressed with their performance. If their performance (summer) tires are as good as these, you are in for a treat.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Funny coincidence....I just pulled a set of Fuzion HRI's off my Aero that were put on by the woman who bought the car new and hated the rough ride the 45 series tires gave her...She put 55 series tires on it to soften the ride...The Fuzions now have 25K on them and they were thrown away in favor of a set of my favorites...the Bridgestone Turanzas. This will be my third set of Bridgestones and despite the fact they've been discontinued, I'll look forward to the next 50-60K miles with them.......Zebulon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts