SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just making sure, but they can be done in the car? Other question, are they all the same. I have a tranny that I bought that has 2 brand new inner drivers in it. It was out of an 88, and I have a 93 tranny in the car, will the interchange? thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Help...Checked inner drivers, but still shakes.

Oh boy, well I just checked in inner drivers and the are fine. No marks nothing, they look new. I noticed I have bad ball joints, could that be causing shaking under load, all the way though the rpm range. What else can it be.. please help....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the new ball joints in today, genuine saab ones, gonna install em tonight. The shaking only occurs when in gear and under a load. Push the clutch in and it goes away. Could it be clutch, flywheel? I feel it in the seat and the dash, not the steering wheel as much.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im pretty sure Im losing mt mind....

Well its official, I am going insane. I have replaced inner drivers, axels, all 4 ball joints, and when I was going to put it back together tonight, I find I have 2 bad wheel bearings. I am hoping this is my persistant squeak also, I guess I cant complain, I now have a new drivetrain, new ball joints, and now new wheel bearings. The car should drive great now. I should say replacing all of this was not nearly as bad as i first thought. Dont be afraid to get in there and get some stuff done..:lol:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brought the bearings to a shop to get pressed, thats the one thing I do not have at my shop yet, but its on order. The guy called me and told me that the hubs are bad also. I found a used one and it will be done today. What could have caused this problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.