SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My saab 95 will not start. This happened once before and some dude took of the inlet to the air filter and removed two fuses. He then cranked the engine over for a long time and eventually the car started and has ran well ever since (6 months).

He said it was damp and flooded.

The problem seems the same (engine turn over and what not just not firing up).

My question is:

Which fuse controls the injector?
What other fuse might he have removed?

Any other tips for this damp start stategy?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
monkeynuts said:
Any other tips for this damp start stategy?

Thanks in advance.
What parts are damp?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
What parts are damp?
What parts? The entire UK is damp.

I am not sure if any of the engine parts are actually damp. Just trying my best to relate my past experience and try this method again. So my main question is about the fuses. If somebody could help here I would be most grateful.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Turning over but not starting sounds like the DI cassette has failed.

If you turn it over too much the unburnt fuel will destroy the cat as well :confused:

PS - its dry in East London

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Injector fuse - problem solved?

Thanks but I think the problem is solved. After taking the air inlet off and cranking it up I could feel it just about to fire but taking note of previous posts about nacking the cat I decided I had better not push my luck without disabling the injectors or having some kind of clue what I was doing.

Instead I just rolled it down the hill and bumped it (as I still don't know what fuses to take out). On the second attempt it fired up and although it was running like a bag of hammers (coughing, spluttering and emitting black smoke) it eventually chilled out. I am just letting it tick over now before taking it for a spin. I will let you know if it dies again.

Just a couple of things.

How do I know if the DI is nacked? :confused:
Is using salvage OK for this if it is the case?

I am still curious about those fuses. :confused:
Does anybody have a spare amp or know where I can get one?;oops:

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PS - its dry in East London[/QUOTE]

It's hoying it doon in the toon but am still oot in a tee-short. No wonder you cheeky ****neys are always so chirpy with all that sunshine in the costa del albert square.;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
The fuse panel (located to the far right of the dash - you have to have door open) have you looked there?
You will find a fuse for both the fuel pump and the injectors.
Depending on the age of your 9-5 you might be able to get a free DI from Saab. Ring Saab UK with your details and the number found on the side of the DI to see if you are part of the recall.
DI's do deteriorate, some just go, some exhibit poor running before. I don't like the sound of your troubles fueling/Air mixture/spark all sound wrong - could be DI.

Hope this helps
P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts