SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 saab 9-5 aero and was wondering if anyone knew a proper wheel spacer supplier and size range for my vehicle. I want it to be as wide as possible without any fender rubbing...everything is stock on the car.

Thank You

·
Registered
46 Posts
15 mm all around is what i did on an 18 inch rim with 40mm offset. rim is 7.5 inch wide and I have no rubbing unless there are two passengers in the back and we hit a bump

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wheel spacers

Hey guys does anyone know the maximum safe size of wheel spacers for a 2003 saab 9-5 aero with 17" rims? I'd like to make my wheel base as big as possible, but just not sure how to do it best. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
wheel base is the measure of the front axle to rear axle . Track is the measurement you are looking for.

unless you upgrade to studs or longer wheel bolts, any spacers with existing wheel bolts wont work. The minimum you can go and still be hub centric is about 15 mm; after that its easier to stay hub centric for stock wheels unless you go to aftermarket wheels with a larger hub center.

the wheel bearings wont like huge spacing as it potentially puts excessive load on the bearing. I would suggest 15 -20 mm max. Google wheel spacers there are some quite good well priced spacers out there.

good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wheel spacers

another quick question about the spacers. Do I need to get smaller ones for the front? Seems like the space in the fender is less.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
20mm all around. The rear would look similar to the front, ignore the camber

I would highly recommend not using large spacers (10mm or larger). They eat through wheel bearings like no one's business. They look awesome, but it's worth the extra money to get a set of proper wheels

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 9-5 Aero, 18" Wheels with 45mm offset and I have a little rubbing at the rear. What size spacers do you think would be best? I have the Eibach lowering springs and Koni FSD shocks/struts so the car sits lower the stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts