SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero. Recently got it back from getting the front bumper replaced. Now that I have it back, the right side indicator lights (front, rear, and side) are on constantly and don't blink when I turn on the signal. It's not throwing any codes to the HUD. Going to dig more into it tonight but if anyone has similar experiences, I'd love a place to start.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Whoever replaced the bumper screwed up some wiring. Normally I'd just take it back, but if they didn't even notice the lights being on, I would not trust their ability to fix things properly and not break them even more.

I suppose I'd start by pulling various fuses to do with the lighting and see which circuit is feeding these lights. I supposed it's also possible to turn on the right turn signal and see if any other electrical component is activated; the problem there is that you don't want to damage the DICE and the wrong loads might do that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoever replaced the bumper screwed up some wiring. Normally I'd just take it back, but if they didn't even notice the lights being on, I would not trust their ability to fix things properly and not break them even more.

I suppose I'd start by pulling various fuses to do with the lighting and see which circuit is feeding these lights. I supposed it's also possible to turn on the right turn signal and see if any other electrical component is activated; the problem there is that you don't want to damage the DICE and the wrong loads might do that.
They had to have made a mistake. I have to take it back in anyways because they did not fully repair my AC system, either. I have done all the work on this saab in the past. I took it to this shop after hitting an animal on my way home, not because I couldn't do the repair, but to save myself time as we are also doing some upgrades to our house. Turns out I should have just taken the insurance check and done it myself even if it would have taken a while to repair. Haha. I do want to pull the wiring diagram and see if I can find the problem myself though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts