SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gentlemen (and the few ladytrons we are privaliged to have too)
I dont wish to be alarmist al all, but I have noticed in the past few weeks that there has been an increasing level of hostility in the the forums.
There are a number of occassions that I am thinking of in particular, and they more often than not tend to occur when an individual replies to a question posed with a particularly short, blunt reply.

I understand that most people cant afford the time to spend ages constructing consise and detailed replies, due to work/family commitments etc. However there have been a number of instances where these replies could be taken as rude or insulting.

I also understand that some people here have a greater level of knowledge and understanding than most people, and that there can be no excuse for shear muppetry ("where is my spare wheel"? or "is my car a turbo"?):roll: - however this is never an excuse for rudeness (and im not talking about voicing petty gripes or niggles, im thinking of a few particular cases of blatent rudeness to an individual)

I (as do we all, i guess) take great pleasure in reading the posts in the forums, catching up with peoples progress on problems and development etc, and finding answers to your own dilema's, but I find this trend undermines the helpful and often entertaining nature of the forums.

Can we all find it in ourselves to take a little more time over our answers, giving a little consideration for the person at the other end - would you like to be spoken to in that manner, either in the flesh or on here?

We all have a common interest - surely that makes us a little on the same wavelength - therefore we should just get on

Moan over
Graham

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had no idea that a 20something single gentleman with no kids could sound quite so er.... "daddish":eek: :eek:

still valid tho, some people have been making *****y comments a lot more recentley

anyway...........

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
In a way we're all kind of like our cars. We all need a little fine tuning now and then. And being Saabs, some of us are a little quirkier than the rest. But the mods are on top of problems when they come up and we appreciate specific situations being brought to our attention so that we can take the appropriate action.

Your points are very valid and should be considered by everyone. At the same time, I don't think we actually need a discussion per se on this issue. So I mean no disrespect by locking this.

Everyone else, mind your manners!:nono;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.