SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a 95.00 oil change and spent 325.00, but they were so very nice!!!

Oil Change 95.00

2 Xenon bulbs 105.00

Trans fluid change 106.00

Car seemed to have like it though . . seems to run really well, think he may have removed battery post to do headlights.

they had HD TV, Gourmet Coffee (and I know a bit about coffee), home made cookies (really) and eggnog, also had very nice seating:)

SG

·
Registered
159 Posts
why would you spend 105 on xenon bulbs when you can buy them on ebay any color you want for 50 bux?

also how many miles does your car have?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. . lol. . .didn't want to wait for shipping, needed it done today!

it has 52,400 or so as of today.

SG

03Arc said:
why would you spend 105 on xenon bulbs when you can buy them on ebay any color you want for 50 bux?

·
Registered
159 Posts
did changing the tranny fluid make a difference? i have an 03 arc with 50000 miles and i wanted to know what symptoms you were experiencing prior to the tranny fluid change?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
It is all a relative thing

For me, a horrific amount of money is spend to get this :

they had HD TV, Gourmet Coffee (and I know a bit about coffee), home made cookies (really) and eggnog, also had very nice seating:)
and some clean fluid...and bulbs....

But, if the SalesGuy is earning $300,000 per year, then he and I are spending the same percentage for automotive maintenance...

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
salesguy93 said:
Went for a 95.00 oil change and spent 325.00, but they were so very nice!!!

Oil Change 95.00

2 Xenon bulbs 105.00

Trans fluid change 106.00

Car seemed to have like it though . . seems to run really well, think he may have removed battery post to do headlights.

SG
Very good price on the tranny fluid change. And it's not too early--new guidelines is 60,000 or all autos so you're doing a good thing here, especially at that price. The fluid is appearently getting dirty quickly. My dealer charges $190 and another one $140.

Now about your bulbs: what's up with that? I don't know of anyone having to change the xeon bulbs yet. And being that close OOW they could have done a "good faith" replacement (if they were in fact bad which shouldn't be)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
03Arc said:

He got TWO installed for 105....that is a good Deal!

·
Registered
159 Posts
dealer wise maybe. but its the easiest thing to swap bulbs. but if you dont know anything bout cars minght as well let the dealer do it. like i said i paif 50 bux and swaped the bulbs out myself

i also think i am going to do a tranny fluid change. my tranny feels weird/

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK. . I was wrong about the bulbs, they were not Xenon. . suprise! They replace them both because one had burnt out, the tranny fluid thing they told me was to be done at 50,000, it may be just be but it seems to shift smoother and not be so confused about what gear to be in. It was Suburban Saab Cadillac in Ann Arbor, MI. The car just feels tighter after the tranny and oil change, I had about 7500 miles on the oil and 52k on the tranny, though I think it was well worth the money, I will do bulb changes myself from here on out, I though they were Xenon and didn't want to fuss with those, being halogen I can do it myself and put a bit better bulb in next time, what do you guys suggest for a replacement bulb? yeah there was a coupon available for the tranny change, normally 210.00, so thank goodness i'm good for 50,000 mor miles.

SG

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I have to retract my previous statement.....if you paid over a hundred to have two h7's replaced.... u wuz robbed:eek:

I hope that was dam fine java!

·
Banned
631 Posts
03Arc said:
did changing the tranny fluid make a difference? i have an 03 arc with 50000 miles and i wanted to know what symptoms you were experiencing prior to the tranny fluid change?
You shouldn;t notice a difference. I mean for example. If your tranny is slipping and you think changing the fluid is gonna help. You've already past the point of PM.
Changing the fluid is just preventative maintenance. Change it on time and you will avoid problems. Everything 50k is perfect.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I cannot beleive you paif 107 for 2 bulbs thgat were bit eveb xenons!!!!!!!!!

they just stole your money completely. two of the h7 bulbs should run you 14 dolla and to instal free!!! so you lost 93 dollars? you must be made out of money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was actually 49 for both installed, I thought they were Xenon or I would have replaced them myself with something a bit better than stock and still spent less money, so I am very aware I paid to much for the bulbs, but thanks for the reminder:roll:

SG

03Arc said:
I cannot beleive you paif 107 for 2 bulbs thgat were bit eveb xenons!!!!!!!!!

they just stole your money completely. two of the h7 bulbs should run you 14 dolla and to instal free!!! so you lost 93 dollars? you must be made out of money.

·
Registered
159 Posts
dont worry bout it dude. everyone makes mistakes. trust me i have made plenty that have cost me around 5 grand.

but next time. ask your fellow saabers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK. . on my way home from work tonight in the dark realized that they pointed my d. side headlight at the ground. . great. . and they didn't reset my oil index meter. . I sent them an e-mail stating my frustration. . to be continued.

SG

·
Registered
159 Posts
the fact that theheadlight is pointed at the ground doesnt necesarily mean its the headlight itself. i think they insaled the bulb wrong and therefore it is hittin the ground. do me a favor. turn on your halogen highbeam and if the highbeam is aligned straight but the lowbeam is on the ground, then that means they installed the bulb wrong. if it is installed wrong force them to do it right.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Did they mention a wiring repair on the bulbs as well? That would explain the high cost...
The trans service you got cheap though. The fluid itself is that much the last time I looked.

As for the light pointing downward, I'm with 03Arc, they probably installed the bulb wrong. 5-second fix.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
03Arc said:
the fact that theheadlight is pointed at the ground doesnt necesarily mean its the headlight itself. i think they insaled the bulb wrong and therefore it is hittin the ground. do me a favor. turn on your halogen highbeam and if the highbeam is aligned straight but the lowbeam is on the ground, then that means they installed the bulb wrong. if it is installed wrong force them to do it right.

Thank You!

Thats exactly what it was, bulb wasn't seated correctly, glad I paid them 30 bucks to do that wrong:roll: And that rubber boot sucks!

SG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts