SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically summed it all up in the title. I've found a 04 w/ 68k on it that I plan on picking up Monday if all goes well. Are there any "common" problems or things I should definitely be on the look out for other than the obvious?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The 03 Arcs are generally ok, since they weren't manufactured in the first few months of the model year. Automatic transmission models needed a software update.

The 04 deleted some nice features to lower costs. Glad I have an 03.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Some things that only were in the 2003 were the backlit ignition switch, lights at the bottom of the door than illuminated puddles when opening the front doors, rear ventilation (discontinued for American cars but not many other countries, put back on certain American cars for the 2005 model year Arcs and Aeros), rear center armrest compartment (in 2003 and 2004 cars), passenger seat lumbar (no pattern, most 2003, fewer 2004), etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot about this thread. I wasn't able to get the 04. I did how ever find a 03 Vector that I jumped on. I'm beginning to see what you meant with the bugs. I was driving it home and had been using the steering wheel controls to change the radio channels. Then all the sudden it didn't work anymore. Volume still did, just not the seek. Stopped for gas and turned the car off. Once back on the road it worked again!?! IDK I LOVE the car though. I'll post up pics later.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
The "Legendary" problems with the 03 were mostly with the Launch Model Linears..... software patches straighened that out..... the items like fuel senders, Springs, gas caps, PS resevoirs etc span several model years.... Unique to the 03 is the SAI and the O ring issue, which most owners had remedied via a service campaign.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.