SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am down to my last working key fob for my 2006 Saab 9-3 and am afraid if I lose it I will be out of luck. I have scoured eBay in seach of a new, unused, programmable key fob but haven't found anything that is reasonably priced or truly a programmable fob. Has anyone had any look odering one from Nordic Speed? (Link:http://nordicspeed.com/catalogue/electrical-body-9-3-03-11/12783781-2)? I am not the most Saab savy person but would this be what I am looking for? Also, what is the process to get a new key fob programmed? Can I just take my new key fob along with my working fob to a dealer and have it programmed? Has anybody done this recently? Any info/advice you guys could provide me with would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interestingly, I lost one of my key fobs 2 weeks ago and used nordicspeed to get a new key fob. I bought 1 fob for $75 with $15 shipping. All worked perfectly since they send you a brand new never programmed fob. The dealer had no issues using my existing one to program the new one (they charged me $50). Note that the product does not come with the key blade (the one that can manually open the driver door). I did not get a new key blade as using the remote is perfectly fine.

Hope this helps

bg_saab

1 - 3 of 3 Posts