SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I've changed all of my vacuum lines on my 2.3 liter engine, but now, at a stop, the car shift abrubtly into Reverse or Drive and when accelerating, it won't go out/shift out of 1st gear on my Automatic? No the winter mode isn't engaged, it works when I push it, it just won't shift... I don't know what to think. All of the wiring is connected, I put the hoses on right, I'm just wondering does the shifting of the transmission have to do with the Air Injection Pump? Because from a type of sensor on the fire wall, it does down in front of the transmission to a little UFO looking plastic piece with the air injection hosed coming out of both the right and left sides, the vacuum line goes onto a little nipple on top. (ATTN: But before it goes to the plastic UFO, there's a little check valve with an orange side and a black side, the orange side says DIST on it, so I'm assuming it points up towards the distributor, and the black half says CARB, so I POINTED THAT DOWN TOWARDS THE INJECTION PUMP. I'm not sure what to do as I'll be stuck here and need to get back to school for classes tomorrow... :eek:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey hkayssi! How do I reset the throttle body? Is that the link to PMI's vacuum line page? I clicked on it, and it said that the website is currently unavailable. Thank you for your response!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my GOD! **** on me! When replacing a tiny hose from the throttle body, near the Throttle Position Sensor, which runs to the Fuel Pressure Regulator, I needed to disconnect the TP Sensor to get my fingers around the hose to squeeze it on the nipple. Gosh! I can't believe I forgot about that! All is well... Thank you!

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
hkayssi said:
haha, that happens all the time. I figured it was something like that. PMI's site is up I checked it!
I was going to say to Leon "How well did your vehicle run before the work and how were the vacuum lines examined and tested".
Now, it is good that all is back to normal.
Human nature happens.

I hope all is OK with PMI.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey earthworm! Yea, my car ran great! I always keep up with the oil changes, transmission fluid changes, etc. It's just that a few of the vacuum hoses were showing their age (ie brittle, flaking a bit) so I decided to change them all. It's actually funny, on the side of the throttle body, where there are 2 small nipples, right next to the TP sensor, I was trying to squish the hose onto the nipple, but I didn't have enough room with the connector connected. I disconnected it, put everything back and not once did it cross my mind! As soon as I started my car, the idle was high, about 1200, when it's always been at 1000, and it jerked violently when shifting to R or Drive. Once I went, it just stayed in first, I was scared and thought my transmission decided to go out without notice! or maybe the transmission ECU was fried! Needless to say, it was pretty scary... I think I will write down what I do next time, and upon reassembly, I will just check off everything. LOL! I guess you can compare it to someone who disasembles their engine, and then just throws all the bolts into a bucket, then tries to figure out which one goes where! But yea, even though PMI's site was for the turbo motor, I followed it closely for my 2.3 both before starting, and during for reference. Ok everyone, I'm tired.. LOL.. Thanks again!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But you know the funny thing? Not once did I have a CEL! I thought it would have found that it wasn't connected? I know when you disconnect the MAF, it definitely shows! Oh, well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts