SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the small W5W parking light bulbs (in the high beam area) with the amber WY5W bulbs (that are in our side marker lights). The reason I was thinking of doing this.....was that I have the BiXenon headlights, and the W5W bulbs already look a bit yellow compared to the BiXenon bulbs. So why not just amber the front light area, since the turn signals are amber anyway. Also, no one seems to make a good W5W that has a whiter light to match the BiXenons.

Also, with BiXenons, my hi-beam H7 bulbs just sit there. Useless. Seems like they should be hooked up to the "-" switch....for extra bright headlights??? That would be neat.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Also, with BiXenons, my hi-beam H7 bulbs just sit there. Useless. Seems like they should be hooked up to the "-" switch....for extra bright headlights??? That would be neat.
If you get a Tech II change from "US" to "ROTW" (rest of the world), your H7s become your brights. Unfortunately, your Xenons become low beam only, but that works for me. This change also kills your DRLs (ah, shucks). If you make this change, you have to change the same settings for the fogs (which will now work with low beams or just parking lights in the ROTW setting).

Speaking of parking lights, without DRLs, your little W5W city lights look pretty cool in the ROTW setting. No headlights on... :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
rdj92807 said:
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the small W5W parking light bulbs (in the high beam area) with the amber WY5W bulbs (that are in our side marker lights). The reason I was thinking of doing this.....was that I have the BiXenon headlights, and the W5W bulbs already look a bit yellow compared to the BiXenon bulbs. So why not just amber the front light area, since the turn signals are amber anyway. Also, no one seems to make a good W5W that has a whiter light to match the BiXenons.

http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/consumer/carlighting/products/for_your_car/blue_vision/blue_vision.php?main=gb_en&parent=1_3&id=in_en_car_lighting&lang=en

Philips BlueVision W5W. From what I understand, it's not sold in the US. But you can get it from Europe via http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ I've ordered from them and I got my bulbs quickly. They actually give you a free set of BlueVision W5W when you buy headlights. Maybe you want some Blue Fogs? I'm sure Ebay has some choices too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pokeyjoe said:
If you get a Tech II change from "US" to "ROTW" (rest of the world), your H7s become your brights. Unfortunately, your Xenons become low beam only, but that works for me. This change also kills your DRLs (ah, shucks). If you make this change, you have to change the same settings for the fogs (which will now work with low beams or just parking lights in the ROTW setting).

Speaking of parking lights, without DRLs, your little W5W city lights look pretty cool in the ROTW setting. No headlights on... :)
So your saying....that if I still want DRLs, I can just turn on the parking lights and fogs! This way, I don't burn up my expensive Xenons. Right?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
rdj92807 said:
So your saying....that if I still want DRLs, I can just turn on the parking lights and fogs! This way, I don't burn up my expensive Xenons. Right?
No. If you officially have DRLs, all your lights are on all the time (that's the US setting).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I tried changing my city lights today, but i couldn't get it out. Is it supposed to be that hard to pull out? There's no space whatsoever either. Man that was a pain and I still don't have em in. ANy help?;oops:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had to use pliers to get the bulbs out when it burned out. It took me longer than I thought it would too. It just pulls straight back, just wiggle it a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts