SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my Genuine Saab 3" DP v2 and Saab sport exhaust for about a week now. Like I have stated in another thread, it was fairly simple to insall, the only hiccup was I stripped the threads on the Turbo where the DP screws into :nono;;oops:(quick tap for my mechanic and we're in buisness).

Things I have noticed:

1: It is quieter than I thought, it has a nice growl on WOT but when cruising or just accelerating without boost, you almost cant hear it (which is nice)

2: The sound is not ricey, as my friend said "sounds like you mean buisness"

3: I can really hear the Turbo spinning up even when not in boost, its so loud and lovely.

4: The turbo spools up so much quicker, and there doesnt seem to be a boost punch, just really smooth power when WOT.

5: This is a no brainer, but the car just feels like it is breathing easier, doesnt have to work as hard to get up to speed, everything is effortless.

6: I havent noticed a increase in fuel mileage, but I havent done any long distanced trips with it yet, will be doing one this weekend. I hope to see some Increase as there is less resistance now.

In conclusion, this setup is definently worth it, I realise that the SSE is not available anymore, but the DP v2 alone is worth it. It took me about 3 hours to put everything together(prob would have been shorter if I didnt stripped that thread).

Next stop, koni sport kit :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a custom after GS V2 exhaust, my mileage went up with all new exhaust.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
ParaMedic_Saab said:
So I have had my Genuine Saab 3" DP v2 and Saab sport exhaust for about a week now. Like I have stated in another thread, it was fairly simple to insall, the only hiccup was I stripped the threads on the Turbo where the DP screws into :nono;;oops:(quick tap for my mechanic and we're in buisness).

Things I have noticed:

1: It is quieter than I thought, it has a nice growl on WOT but when cruising or just accelerating without boost, you almost cant hear it (which is nice)

2: The sound is not ricey, as my friend said "sounds like you mean buisness"

3: I can really hear the Turbo spinning up even when not in boost, its so loud and lovely.

4: The turbo spools up so much quicker, and there doesnt seem to be a boost punch, just really smooth power when WOT.

5: This is a no brainer, but the car just feels like it is breathing easier, doesnt have to work as hard to get up to speed, everything is effortless.

6: I havent noticed a increase in fuel mileage, but I havent done any long distanced trips with it yet, will be doing one this weekend. I hope to see some Increase as there is less resistance now.

In conclusion, this setup is definently worth it, I realise that the SSE is not available anymore, but the DP v2 alone is worth it. It took me about 3 hours to put everything together(prob would have been shorter if I didnt stripped that thread).

Next stop, koni sport kit :)
If you think you like how the turbo sounds now.... try removing the heat blanket from underneath your hood, and the two pieces of weather stripping on the front and rear of the hood. It sounds crazy nice :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ParaMedic,

Appears we just ordered the same hardware from GS - and we're both in Ottawa. I just installed my V2 downpipe and am extremely happy with it. The real difference is medium to high pressure. The extra pull is great.

My Saab Sport Exhaust arrived this week but I have not yet installed it! Appears that I got the second to last they had in stock. I hope to install it later this month.

Thanks for sharing. You should joind us at our next Ottawa club meet this Wednesday...at the Arrow and Loon in the Glebe at Bank and 5th (park in Garage - entrance off 4th or 5th ave. - that's where we usually spend the first half hour or so...before grabbing a beer).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts