SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 saab 9-3 arc, and i tried to start my car but the car was unresponsive and the key was stuck. i tapped on my battery and there were some minor sparks coming from the negative side and the car lights came back on. but when i tried to start the car again the lights and everything shut off and i had to start over again. but i did notice an error message saying immobilizer failure contact saab dealer. any clues as to wtf this is and whats causing this to occur?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This happens to me every once in a while...(I have 112k on my car) and i'd say it's happened about 10 times since I bought the car with 20k on it. Although one time when i was at a business meeting 3 hours from home the whole key starting assembly went bad and had to be changed at the local saab dealer. The key would turn on and off but the car wouldn't turn over and it was showing "immobilizer failure" on the SID. Its one of those unexplained electrical "gremlins" in my eyes...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no its all stock. i just bought the car about three weeks ago. why does it do that? do i need a new battery? is there a bad connection in the wires?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts