SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 9000CSE has an immobiliser, and came with only one key fob. The fob is a pear-shaped piece of flat grey plastic with what looks like a hearing aid battery glued to it. It says "Dallas" on it. Although a little temperamental, it has always worked so far, but I am worried it will eventually pack up. Any advice on how I might fit a bypass switch, or disable it if it does eventually fail, or source a second key fob would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Mine is not so sophisticated as that, you just touch this thing that looks like a hearing aid battery on to two contacts. There are no buttons to control an alarm, or central locking. I've a feeling it is not a Saab fitment.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Wight,

Some of the systems that I have seen work by reading a signal from the immobiliser key. I wouldn't think it would cause a problem as it doesn't have any parts that are particularly liable to break, and any voltage needed to read it is supplied by the two contacts. Worst case scenario, find the fuse for the immobiliser and remove and it should disable the immobiliser (certainly worked on Mondeo's).

Kenneth

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. The car is a 1994. I shall look for the relay. I can hear it clicking and beeping, and from what you say it is not as complicated a piece of kit as I had feared. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts