SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2011 Saab 93, and I was wanting to put in an aftermarket radio and eventually new speakers.

I was looking at crunch field as I always do and they said "We don't recommend replacing the factory radio in this vehicle. You'll lose your vehicle's audible safety alerts."

What are the audible safety alerts? And should I go ahead and change it anyway?

Sorry if I posted this wrong, im new here.

·
Super Moderator
9,069 Posts
plenty have changed the unit out,i'm sure some of them will be along soon to comment..

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
My-07-> audible warnings do not come from speakers. So go ahead, you do not loose warnings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright, well I normally look for what I need on crunch field. Happen to have any links? Also will I lose the steering wheel buttons?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I recently bought a 2011 Saab 93, and I was wanting to put in an aftermarket radio and eventually new speakers.

I was looking at crunch field as I always do and they said "We don't recommend replacing the factory radio in this vehicle. You'll lose your vehicle's audible safety alerts."

What are the audible safety alerts? And should I go ahead and change it anyway?

Sorry if I posted this wrong, im new here.
I know Crunchfield's advice is not based on many vehicles. They don't check facts.
'07+ has no issue with changing stereo components.

From my experience, start with speakers. The stock speakers aren't very good, especially in the back.
Replacing the 4 corners with something from Infinity/Alpine/JBL will DRAMATICALLY improve the sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know Crunchfield's advice is not based on many vehicles. They don't check facts.
'07+ has no issue with changing stereo components.

From my experience, start with speakers. The stock speakers aren't very good, especially in the back.
Replacing the 4 corners with something from Infinity/Alpine/JBL will DRAMATICALLY improve the sound.
Aight thx, it'll be a slow process but eventually I'll get it all swapped out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts