SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd combine a noobie thread with a thread with a couple noobie questions I have.

I recently purchased a 1999 Saab 9-5 SE 5 spd (2.3L ecotec). Gas prices are getting high, and I recently moved to colder climate, and driving my camaro z28 in the snow isn't very ideal :cry:. So I got myself a nice saab. Needless to say, my mod bug is already starting with this car. I want more umph. What are some basic bolt on mods that these cars respond to? I'd assume a tune for 93 octane would be good, as well as a good stainless downpipe and cat back... any popular brands out there? Anything else these cars respond to well?

I can't seem to find an aftermarket shifter either. I HATE the stock shifter... it's way too mushy and long. :roll:

Thanks a bunch to anyone willing to give a hand.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Mind you, tuning this car is going to be NOTHING like tuning your Z28. Your basically going to have to re-learn what makes this car tick. At least I know I did when switching from my '97 Tahoe. (I'm referencing the engine, not the car as a whole lol :cool: )

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
stipud said:
Add this to greatly improve your shifting feel:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_53&products_id=312

Being in the states, you will want genuinesaab.com for tuning, and eeuroparts.com for parts.
That's more of a clutch-feel mod than a shifter mod, but I still highly recommend it as it makes the clutch nice and progressive.

SectorNine50 said:
Mind you, tuning this car is going to be NOTHING like tuning your Z28. Your basically going to have to re-learn what makes this car tick.
Exactly, for starters, the car already tunes itself for 93 when you fill up with it. What you want is an ECU tune that'll wake the turbo up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts