SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've cracked my rear dogbone bush on my SAAB 9000 CD 1991. (Too much power apparently :lol:)
Wondering if anyone can help source the part in good working second hand condition, or even brand new at a better price than below.

Here's a link to a brand new replacement but once I pay shipping to Tasmania, Australia it is going to be a massive rip off.
9000 1990-1998 2.3L Mount Bracket 7573413

Here's a pic of the part attached to the car. It's not the dogbone, but the triangular mount which attached the dogbone to the side of the wheelwell:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I've got a spare one, but I'm looking to strengthen it and put into my track car. I suggest just removing it, take to a good welding shop, and they can make it stronger than OEM for little money compared to importing one. Just mind the clearances.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The yellow, and especially red poly upper mounts combined with trans mounts and stiffer lowers are going to put a lot more load into this area, others have blown out here as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They certainly do put a lot of extra load on the area. At first the rear bolt holding the mount to the wheelwell stripped out from the car and the mount was still in place. But then because the engine was pulling at the mount with only two bolts left holding it in place, the mount snapped. So I'm going to source a new mount, re-inforce it. Get a welder to fix the wheel well area with a re-inforced plate. And then I'll hope to god that it doesn't happen again because I'm already tired of idleing about. All i want is to open that throttle again :evil:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Really should not be that hard to just fabricate a new plate.

I'm going to have the body metal reinforced there as part of the roll cage install, as really bad outcome a few have suffered is the body cracks under the plate, this is a real mess.

Good luck sorting it, talk to a welder/fabricater, child's play for someone that can make car frames...

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kevin. And it's great to see you're still about the forum.
Yeah the body was the main cause of this whole problem. Goes to show it doesn't matter how much you re-inforce a mount, it's only worthwhile if the body is re-inforced as well.

Luckily we have a pretty good welding/metalwork department where I work (an Education College) so I'll see if the teachers can put something together for me.

One thing I am wondering though.. If I was to have a 6mm plate welded onto the body, would this 6mm extra be enough to displace the dogbone mount so much as to cause a problem? I was thinking of heating up the dogbone mount and slightly bending it to account for the 6mm that the plate would add.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts