SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some time sitting on the fence, I've jumped into Saab ownership. :cheesy:

I was intially attracted to the Saab family by the 9-3 SS, but could not find one equipped as I wanted reasonably priced. After some cojoling by SWMBO, I test drove a 9-5 and I was very surprised by the speed, comfort, and amenities of this car. And in the used market, I could get much more car for the $$$ than anything else.

After reading extensively on this site and others, I felt that the biggest issue causing problems (sludging) could be avoided reasonably well.

My search for the right example began roughly 2 months ago, and ultimately found the right car a few hours away in Indianapolis. I found an '03 Aero, Steel Gray, 17K miles, Touring package, and Vented seats and was able to get it for $21,900.

This car is great!!! The more I drive it, the harder it is for me to get out of it. I am looking forward to many years of delightful ownership, and enjoy this forum immensly.

No pics yet - Hope to post soon.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Congrats. I can't get myself out of mine either! I bet you definitely enjoy that pushed into the seat feeling! Is it a 5spd or auto? :D

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Welcome to SaabCentral Aero Slaab. :cool: Its good to hear you did some research first before buying, keep those oil changes regular and enjoy many years of Saab ownership...... Cool colour by the way, perfect for that street sleeper look. :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Welcome to SaabCentral Aero Slaab. :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for warm wlecome folks!

It is an automatic (SWMBO insisted :cry: ). My last car was a manual, and she refused to learn how to drive a stick. And there have been times when she would be stuck at home when I would take her SUV (Mitsu Montero Sport).

Initially, I thought the Steel Gray was attractive, but not terribly exciting. After detailing her (aren't all cars owned by men female by default), I have come to appreciate the fact that this hides defects particularly well. But it is difficult to really get the paint to "pop".

Coming from a 1995 Chevy Beretta - 5sp, manual windows, no A/C, AM/FM only - this is a huge step up for me. The Beretta was solid though - 164,000 miles with original clutch, and the only mechanical failure was the alternator. The only things I'll miss are rowing the gears and the 34+MPG (US) i was getting.

Cheers to all!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts