SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So - my ignition tumbler isn't popping up when it should - I spilled some coffee while in traffic and the next day, it stopped.

I want to troubleshoot and pop the tumbler out first, and have gotten to the point where I found the square peg, bent a piece of a wire clothes hanger into the shape they suggest and now... I can't seem to hit the catch that you need to for the tumbler to release. Where in the world is it located and is a wire clothes hanger shaped to an allen wrench too big? I just can't find the stupid thing or anything that feels like it is "giving".

·
Registered
867 Posts
So - my ignition tumbler isn't popping up when it should - I spilled some coffee while in traffic and the next day, it stopped.

I want to troubleshoot and pop the tumbler out first, and have gotten to the point where I found the square peg, bent a piece of a wire clothes hanger into the shape they suggest and now... I can't seem to hit the catch that you need to for the tumbler to release. Where in the world is it located and is a wire clothes hanger shaped to an allen wrench too big? I just can't find the stupid thing or anything that feels like it is "giving".
with the cover off over the ignition switch it would be near the 4 to 5 o:clock position down about an inch.
the bent hanger is ok you only need about 1/4 inch after the bend.......longer will make it harder.
I think the key needs to be in the on position and you need to put the hanger in and pull up slightly, you should be able to feel the barrel with the key as you pull upward on the key. I may be wrong about the position but I think in off it just pulls out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all - I hit it with some graphite but still can't seem to find the actual catch that you need to hit. I have no clue but everything just feels solid when I am poking around in there. I know this is the issue, once I lubed the key up and worked it around, it started working again for a bit, it seems this sucker just needs a really good cleaning. Will try again, thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
with the cover off you should be able to see the hole. its oval shape up and down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts