SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Does anyone know what the exact ignition timing should be on a (92) turbo 900 S? I have an electronic [posh & professional :D] test lamp that i have borrowed from work so i can do it accurately but im not sure what it should be set to as the Hayne's manual is very vague on the subject :roll:

Thanks for the help

Jon

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Yes from what i know 16 degrees btdc is standard, some people are running 22 on this forum with the power mods.

You got a Timing gun from work and you are not sure how to use it? what do you do at work then?;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
proctorj said:
I have an electronic test lamp that i have borrowed from work so i can do it accurately but im not sure what it should be set to as the Hayne's manual is very vague on the subject [of ignition timing]
I never said I don't know how to use it :D Im a trainee mechanic so i'd b a bit worried if i couldn't use it! I checked my haynes' and the autodata book at work but found nothing so asked you guys...

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
No sweat mate, i have a timing gun thats my brother in laws and i can not get it to work:lol: or its just me, dropping it a few times i guess wont help it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh maybe droppin it might be the problem!? :lol:

I believe the timings are set at idle or 3000rpm im not 100% sure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts