SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just noticed a couple new problems on my 2004 93 that only seem to occur when the temp drops below 40 degrees. First problem is more annoying than anything else, when the car first starts the radio makes a horrible whining noise, like its trying to tune in a shortwave radio signal, and no it doesnt matter which band its in, nor if it's on radio, cd or aux. The second more serious issue is that when I take the key fob out of the ignition the car acts like the key is still in, sometimes for just a couple seconds, sometimes i have to jab a pencil in the ignition switch a few times for it to "bounce back". After the car has been driven for a while and warms up both problems go away but on short trips i have been stuck in the parking lot for 10 minutes trying to get the switch to release so i can lock the car. And to all those that suggest that i have spilled something in the switch I have not, and the problem does go away as soon as the mercury rises above 40.

Sorry for the excessively long post as a first but I would really appreciate some help (aside from replace the ignition switch and or radio ;))

1 - 1 of 1 Posts