SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,060 Posts
Does anyone know if the ISM can be the cause for the odometer to stay on when key off? On my 2007 93 convertable the odometer and back lighting for the door lock switch stays on when th key is removed and over a few days the battery drains. Is this an ISM problem?
If the key remote is pressed to lock the doors they all turn off. Any suggestions?
Certainly could be.

·
Super Moderator
19,060 Posts
Because it keeps waking the system up? There are very few culprits that drain batteries. Amp1 and bad ISMs, and your amp isnt under the drivers seat so that removes that one. Did you spill something into it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unplugging the ism

In the process of pulling out the ignition system module. How do I disconnet the wiring plug from the module?

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
There is a lever that you have to lift and rotate up and away from the ISM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ism

Once the ism is out, what's the trick to separating the casing from the circuit board so it can be cleaned? I see 8 real small tabs (2 on each side).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed steering wheel malfunction warning

Check that the battery terminals are tight. I had the steering malfunction warning and the car would not start. A terminal was a bit loose. I tightened it up & the problem went away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ignition Switch (ISM) 12801010 replacement

Hi

Can the Ignition Switch (ISM) 12801010 be easily replaced or do you need the Tech2000 programming system?

Thanks
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
19,060 Posts
Hi

Can the Ignition Switch (ISM) 12801010 be easily replaced or do you need the Tech2000 programming system?

Thanks
Wayne
plug and play

·
Registered
11 Posts
Steering will not lock

Hi guys, atemted it today, all went well now no more errors but one problem the steering will not lock anymore, it unlocked the first time but now doesn't lock any tips??

Thanx
Marco

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also did this to fix the Steering Lock Malfunction error today. Had a short drive, seems the message disappears. It is really hard to crack the case open. Finally I sacrificed some paper clips to keep the tab from engaging. After one side is done, you can move the clips to the other side and repeat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try to remove module first

I had the Steering Lock Malfunction and was dead in the water. I suggest following the instructions to remove the Ignition Module first and taking it apart and cleaning the contact points and lifting the pins slightly to ensure good internal connection after it's back together. I recommend doing this before ordering a part. I have had my 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero for just one week and had this failure. I feel better that it didn't turn into something more expensive!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I removed my ism and the whole center console. I took the console in the house to wash it because it had coffee and food stuck in places i couldnt reach or clean while connected to car. I drived it then proceeded to clean all the gunk and stuff off the ism. I took it apart and rinsed the top half in hot water and i cleaned the bottom half with qtips with alcohol. I also sprayed it ultra duster to make use it was dry. I put it in car connected battery and got key not accepted. I took it apart again re cleaned it put back in car. This time no message and lights dont come on when key is removed. The button and spring in ism work but car is not reading ism. Also alarm led doesnt disable alarm upon insertion of key nor does it blink when key is inserted. What did i do to my car and will i be able to fix it without a dealer visit?:cry:
What did you end up doing to get it to work?

61 - 80 of 99 Posts