SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What timing do you guys run at full boost?

does anyone have an ignition map for a upgraded 9-3?

(this relates to my topic in the c900 forum)

thanks

Rob

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
This might be better answered at ECU project.com. It would be cool to just take the maps from the 99 T5 Hot 9-3 and use them free on earlier T5 cars. Without all the pesky evap system stuff to worry about.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
With the old stock HOT software, I'd run as mich boost as possible(quick spike to 17psi), and with 93, I'd see a ramp-up to 12* by redline...
To be 100% honest, I've never logged the ECU I have now.
It doesn't "feel" much different, though... which sort of blows, since I'm able to boost higher, quicker now.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
speedysaab said:
What timing do you guys run at full boost?

does anyone have an ignition map for a upgraded 9-3?

(this relates to my topic in the c900 forum)

thanks

Rob
which 9-3 do you mean?
B204
B205R
B235R

The B204 and B235R do run much conservative timing due mostly to much high compression ration compared to B205R. In the later you do see 20+ deg at redline while the first to usally are around 11-14 at redline.
Bear in mind that the absolute value for timing does not really say much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im just trying to find out the timing the t16 cars run - my t16 c900 can only run 9 deg with 1.2 bar of boost at the redline

a couple more degs and im detting!

cr is 9:1

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Timing is not likely to be directly interchangeable as there are too many variables that will alter it - these include turbo differences ( boost is not the same as flow) intake and exhaust differences ( again flow which effects EGT's) fueling, intake temperatures etc, etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do understand this- but it would appear saab engines dont run much advance

ive a friend at my local rr - he a hyabusa turbo engine 9.3:1 cr gt30 running 26 degs at 6000 rpm

he thinks its odd the car cant take more timing

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I wouldn't get too hung up on it as an indicator of performance. I doubt the cam timing is the same as the Saab which is designed for midrange grunt/torque rather than top end screaming HP.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You have to consider the amount of load on the motors as the biggest factor here. A 1.3L in a hyabusa has a LOT less work to do than a 2L saab.

if you were to sandbag the bike another 2k pounds, you'd see that it would s'plode with that much timing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this engine was car based

i dont think the weight of the vehicle matters - rr tuning is fully loading the engine up and stopping it from accelerating

1 - 10 of 10 Posts