SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What timing do you guys run at full boost?

does anyone have an ignition map for a upgraded 9000?

(this relates to my topic in the c900 forum)

thanks

Rob

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I think there is only a handfull of companies who do this stuff and they keep it secret, cause this is the only way they can charge like 600$ for an ECU upgrade:evil:

Klim

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah - it's a black art... eg. the Maptun software seems to make more power without using excessove boost and I put this down to having just the right ignition advance mapping. They have probably spent ages getting this perfected so I suspect the info is tricky to come by...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I,ve played with various ignition maps ( i.e. the company that supplies my ECU,s have kindly supplied various versions for me to play with)

The interesting point is it can really change the way the car performs & hence points out that you need to talk to your tuner so you get what you want)
OK i,m not speaking Dyno read outs - don,t know - i,m speaking engine response from the drivers seat
Example MAP 1 = smooth linear build of torque, suttle & civilised, but slow to get going, needs to be revved & lots of gearbox use i.e. a top endy type of delivery. Good on the clutch & gearbox, but kinda boring
Example MAP 2 ( which I think had an earlier kick off on the ignition advance, & overall a bit more) = A real punchy car, much quicker to kick in the torque, much closer throttle to drive relationship, better to use a higher gear & drive the mid range - hard on the box / clutch - a bit scary on wet roads - but lots of fun - overall faster than MAP 1 - no if you drive according to MAP 1, but faster on a nice B road with lots of bends, where driving style is based on safe and slow in & punch out when the way is clear

Point is, sorry I don,t have the values ( ans as said its what you pay for) but don,t just pay,s your money & take the chipped ECU, talk to your supplier & get what you want, it makes a big diffrence

1 - 4 of 4 Posts