SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 9-5 Aero and had a crazy experience I was hoping someone could help me figure out.

I had my car valet parked this past weekend and when the valet brought my car back up he handed me my keys and the fob wouldn't work. I've had this issue before and when you put the key in the ignition it "re-calibrates" the key and you can use the trunk pop/unlock, etc.

The problem is that when I got back in the car the key would not turn. It appeared that the car was in 4th, not reverse. Will the key even come out in 4th? So, the key wouldn't turn and when you put the clutch in you could not shift through the gears. The car was essentially stuck in gear.

The head valet got in the car and tried to start it as well and all he accomplished was setting off the alarm.

I was sure that the valet had removed my key with the car in fourth gear and the car now would not start. After fighting with the hotel staff we finally worked out that they would have my car towed to a dealer and provide me a rental.

About an hour and a half after the initial problem the valet got back in my car and the key turned. My only thought was that the car was improperly shut down and the alarm system locked the ignition. Does the car do this? If not does anyone have any kind of explanation as to what occurred? Unfortunately since the valet started the car I was unable to confirm that it was in 4th and not reverse but two or three people all seemed to agree that it looked to be in 4th.

I'm just trying to fill in the blanks.

thanks for the help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.